Monday, August 11, 2008

Wait, what?! A rehearsal dinner?!

I guess it just slipped my mind, but I had completely forgotten about that whole rehearsal dinner thing until my mom mentioned it a few weeks ago. How else is everyone going to know what the heck they need to be doing on the morning of our wedding?

Well, damn.

So I decided not to stress about it. The wedding is going to be formal and fancy and traditional enough. For the rehearsal dinner, we're just going to have fun!

Jordan has let me make the majority (okay, pretty much all) the decisions concerning the wedding. The pink flowers? My idea. The bride and groom theme? He could care less. He's even letting me pick out most of his outfit. The wedding as it is coming along really reflects more of my personality than his. Most people would agree that that is pretty common and a well-established tradition, but I'd still like to let his personality shine through in some way. That's where The Pirate's House Restaurant comes in!
The Saturday evening before our Big Day, we are going to have the wedding party and the closest members of our family join us at The Pirate's House in Savannah for our rehearsal dinner. This is what their website says:

"Situated a scant block from the Savannah River, The Pirate's House first opened as an inn for seafarers, and fast became a rendezvous for blood-thirsty pirates and sailors from the Seven Seas. Here seamen drank their grog and discoursed, sailor fashion, on their exotic high seas adventures from Singapore to Bombay and from London to Port Said.... At the Pirate's House, our most precious treasure is our food, acclaimed for over three decades.... We operate 15 separate dining rooms each with a distinct charm all its own."

Jordan loves pirates; or rather, he loves the concept of pirates (and I'll be honest, so do I!). I think we'll all have a grand time...and the food is said to be freakin delicious. :D Oh yeah, and it's supposed to be haunted... ;)




Okay, cool. Location? Confirmed. Now what's that about invitations? Well, I guess that's necessary, too. Since we're only inviting a handful of people, we can afford get a little more creative with the invitations. Here's something I found that fits Jordan perfectly:

I have to admit that I also have a bit of a soft spot for the Wii as well (especially Paper Mario and Cooking Mama), so this is a fabulous idea. I'm a pretty awesome Mii maker too, so I look forward to perfecting our Miis that will be used on the invitation!

We are going to use the rehearsal dinner to relax with our close friends and family before the Big Day, and also to hand out gifts to these same people, who will have tolerated my wedding talk for over two years by the time next September rolls around. Plus, since the wedding is so early in the morning on Sunday, they'll all have to be in Savannah Saturday evening anyway; us providing dinner will help them feel welcome and loved.

In other news, I created yet another wedding website, haha! I was on Shutterfly and noticed the "free share sites" link; so I created a wedding planning website that focuses mainly on pictures, but it also has a calendar, a discussion forum, polls, etc. Check it out!

http://samanthaandjordan.shutterfly.com/

6 comments:

Amelia Isabel said...

THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL! I'm super super excited about it!

Amelia Isabel said...

I LOVE PIRATES!!! That sounds awesome! I can't wait!

Ellen Mint said...

Are you gonna have everyone dress up as pirates? Cause that would be a ton of fun.

I made our rehearsal invitations using legos. Go the little Wii Mii's.

Samantha said...

Oooh, dressing up as pirates could be tons of fun!

And I love your lego invitations; I saw them a few weeks ago and think they are awesome. :)

Katy said...

I'm blog stalking on weddingbook... but I saw that you are thinking about doing the Wii thing and I figured I would pass this on.

http://www.popoutfurniture.com/Me-cake.html

Katy said...

I seriously died laughing at the divorce cakes. I think I heard of it before... Travis Barker's "ex"wife (I think they are back together now) had a divorce party and had this cake http://intogossip.blogspot.com/2006/11/shanna-moaklers-divorce-party-at-light.html

pretty funny.

Hope I'll never need one of those.