Monday, June 2, 2008

Wedding party woes





The first picture shows the kind of jacket Leslie might wear. The second two are pictures of the color of the bridesmaids dresses (and the two styles I like). The last picture is the kind of black dress Leslie might wear.

It has been quite a hectic few days. Jordan and I visited his family in North Carolina over the weekend, and now it's back to work for me (and a summer class starting this Thursday).

While we were in North Carolina, Jordan asked his dad to be his Best Man and he asked his brother to be a groomsman. We also know that his best friend Leslie is going to be another "Honor Attendant". Okay, so that's three of five down...he hasn't exactly been on the ball about figuring out his side of the wedding party. Blech. >.< I keep bugging him to figure it out, haha.

I have had my party picked for several months. My Matron of Honor is going to be my older sister, Sonia. I will have three bridesmaids: Whitney (a best friend from high school), Amelia (another best friend from high school, who also goes to UGA), and Whitney (a wonderful friend I met here at UGA). My niece Brianna will be a junior bridesmaid and my youngest niece, Ashlynn, will be our flowergirl. I like David's Bridal's bridesmaids dresses in the color Pool. I've picked out my favorite styles, but I'm going to leave it up to the girls to decide what they feel best in. :)

Leslie will probably wear a black dress in a style similar to that of the bridesmaids, and with a sash or something in the bridesmaids color. She might wear a little black jacket or something, but we're not sure yet. We are quite aware that this is not traditional, but Leslie means so much to both of us, so we are quite willing to break tradition in order to have her be a part of the wedding party. If his grandmother has a fit, so be it.

PS: We bought 120 of those hot pink and turquoise fans for the ceremony, as well as the last two of the bridesmaids flower purses. After that plus the photography deposit, we are absolutely broke! But it's for a good cause. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute choices for the dresses Samantha!