Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My first major change of heart

So I've had my first major decision change of this wedding planning process. I mentioned a few posts back that I was changing my reception flowers to pink gerbera daisies rather than pink peonies. Well, I've fallen majorly in love with gerbera daisies (I'm looking at a vase right now with three of them that Jordan bought me today). So, I've decided to change ALL of my wedding flowers to be gerbera daisies. :)

My bouquet will be made up of pink and fuchsia gerberas and possibly white stephanotis, in a hand-tied style with pink ribbon and pearl pins wrapped around the stems. My bridesmaids will have either one of these shades or maybe a mixture of both in their white purses, and my matron of honor will have one white gerbera in the middle of hers. My bouquet will look similar to this one, except slightly larger and with the stephanotis:


For the ceremony, I'm thinking of using garlands of pink gerberas draped over the chairs nearest to the aisle. I think it would be a nice way of marking the aisle off, as well as adding some more color. I had planned on placing small urns of peonies at the beginning and end of the aisle, but now I'm not quite sure what I will do. This is an example of a gerbera daisy garland:

Also, my handsome groom will probably have a pink gerbera boutonnière, while the groomsmen and Leslie will have white ones. Examples:




Finally, since I've already talked about reception decor in the previous post, I'll skip right to Jordan's favorite part! Cake! :D I've found some pretty awesome-looking ideas for wedding cakes that feature gerbera daisies. Since we're not going to have a huge cake, we might be able to have something like this cake (without the yellow, obviously):



Or these cute cupcakes:

Another cool idea is to use sugar flowers on a regular cake; I found some in our two colors:

Yay for flowers! :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

Lol. I swear. You and I are having the same wedding. I want those flowers for my center peices and for my guys to wear!