Friday, July 4, 2008

The wonders of technology




I don't know how I could possibly keep up with everything without my wedding website. I know brides got along just fine without this tool for hundreds of years, but it has been such an immense help for me! I do have a physical notebook of ideas and paperwork, but I LOVE being able to organize my ideas, purchases, and tasks online. Not only is it a lot cleaner, but it is also much more editable, and I can access my site from anywhere with an internet connection!

Another benefit to having a wedding website is that our family and friends can keep up with the details of our planning. This is especially invaluable since we both have family that live several states away from us (think North Carolina and Michigan, when we live in Georgia).

On our site and visible to guests, we have the story of our proposal, the ceremony and reception information, hotel information since the wedding will not take place in our "hometown", pictures of things we have either purchased or want to purchase, our engagement photos, a guestbook for guests to sign, and much more (psst, including our gift registry! :P ).

Aspects of the site not visible to guests are also invaluable. There is a budget breakdown with a nifty pie chart, a task list manager, and a "news aisle" with some great ideas and common questions answered.

Plus, everything is able to be personalized! There is a huge variety of wedding website choices, but we chose "Our Wedding Day" because it is easy to use (and free!). Check it out!

http://jordanandsammi.ourweddingday.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI :)

I just chanced upon your blog and you look so happy and everything, so well, just decided to be spontaneous and wish you and your fiancee happy years ahead.