Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

I'm not super crazy about shoes, but I do have a fairly large collection. That's probably mainly because I have a really hard time finding comfortable (and cute) shoes in my big-foot size. When I found my wedding dress at David's Bridal, I thought about buying these shoes in white:
I can't wear high heels, so the kitten heel option is definitely my favorite. However, I saw a picture in our photographers' portfolio that inspired me to do something a little different. Here is the picture (by KHMason Photography):


I thought to myself, "I don't want to wear plain white shoes, even if they are sparkly. I want to have a picture where my shoes are the focus and it's not boring."

So then I decided that since aqua/"pool" is going to be one of my main colors, why shouldn't I use my shoes to fulfill the "something blue" requirement? And voila, the search has begun! Because of shoe difficulties, I will be purchasing my shoes at an actual store, in-person, but these three are my favorites that I've found online, thus far. My very favorite is the first pair, I think:


3 comments:

Meg said...

LOL. I didn't notice it before, but our weddings seem to be the same color.

Ellen Mint said...

I hate trying to find shoes to fit my foot size as well.

I actually went the colored shoe route as well but rather than finding a bright blue one I got a white one and then painted it myself.

Ellen Mint said...

This is what my shoes looked like after painting them

http://intbride.blogspot.com/2008/08/something-something-something-something.html

(somewhere in there).

I actually used a simple paper towel that I covered in paint and then swiped it across the band. It gave a more almost tie dye look as it can't be perfect. I also got the paint that's a simple acrylic paint that is waterproof. But to seal off my shoes I used clear nail polish.