Friday, December 26, 2008

Pearls and Diamonds...and Turquoise!

Merry (belated) Christmas! :)




I spent my 22nd birthday and Christmas with Jordan's family on their farm in North Carolina, where there are no internet or cell phone signals. I'll be honest...while I had a great holiday, I'm very glad to be back, relaxing in my own apartment. :)

I wanted to make a post that somehow relates both weddings and Christmas, and I finally decided to share my bridal jewelry hunt with you. I'm not the type of girl who typically wears a lot of fancy jewelry...I own mostly big chunky plastic pieces that are super bold and funky. While I love them on a normal day, they aren't exactly what I had in mind for the wedding. As such, the search for the perfect wedding day jewelry has kept me rather busy doing internet searches for the past few months. Here's what I've found so far:
I mentioned a while back that my friend had made me a turquoise bracelet...I don't have a picture of the exact bracelet yet, but here's a very good likeness of it:

I've had a very hard time narrowing down the choices for my necklace...the neckline of my dress (a halter) looks best with a very simple necklace. I decided immediately that I wanted to have the pearls and diamonds look, even if I couldn't afford to have the real thing. Here's the one I want:


And I think these earrings match it perfectly! I wanted to go with something simple again, especially since my hair will be down.

I haven't liked very many tiaras or headpieces that I've seen online, so that might be something I need to go shopping for in person. However, I think I might stick with a simple headband rather than going with an elaborate tiara, again, since my hair will be down. One like this would be nice:


Now I'm off to watch Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas...it's one of my favorites! ;)

No comments: