Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Honeymoon! (Toto Sita)

With two weeks of the trip finished and one week remaining, we will depart Manchester and drive through the Lake District into Grasmere, which is where William Wordsworth lived. I can understand how he became a poet, with scenery like this!


After that, we'll cross the border into SCOTLAND!! We'll start with a visit to Gretna Green, which is a famous eloping destination. It's actually a very interesting story, so you should look it up. Here's a famous set of lovers statue:

Apparently these wonderful creatures also reside near Gretna Green...I've seen one in person before, but it wasn't enough! It's such a cute little beastie:

We'll end the 13th day in Glasgow!! :D I am pretty excited about this part of the trip, since Glasgow has been on my "places to visit" list for a long time.

The morning of the 14th day will begin with a drive along Loch Lomond...I'm definitely hoping to see some scenery like the next two pictures!

There will be lakes aplenty during our travels on this day, and I'm really hoping that Loch Ness will be included! I am fascinated by the lake and by Nessie. :)


We'll be driving through Rannoch Moor on our way to the Scottish Highlands. I just can't believe the amazingly beautiful natural scenery...


Our final stops on this day will include Inverness, the capital of the Highlands, Cairngorns National Park, and Culloden Moor battlefield.

Day 15 will include more driving tours of the Highlands, through Dundee and Perth, which is home to a beautiful ancient castle.

Perth is also located on the River Tay, which we'll be crossing to arrive in St. Andrews. Jordan may be interested in the history of golf, but I'm much more interested in the castle and ruins of the cathedral!

After a bit more driving around, we'll end up in Edinburgh!! This will probably be one of the best parts of the trip for me...we'll be spending two nights in the city! I'll save the pictures of Edinburgh for Toto Saba!

No comments: