Sunday, February 8, 2009

Honeymoon! (Toto Tano)

Day 10 of our honeymoon will have us visiting the amazing Cliffs of Moher!! These awesome formations rise from 394 to 702 feet above the ocean!! I love the lines in the rocks, which indicate how very old they are:



Afterwards, we'll stop in Galway, which is on the west coast of Ireland. I loveloveLOVE these crosses:



By afternoon, we will have arrived in DUBLIN and we'll have the rest of the evening to ourselves. I can't even begin to imagine what I'll try to cram into this evening, but whatever it is, it will be wonderful!


Day 11 marks the halfway point of our amazing adventure, and is completely devoted to Dublin! We'll get a driving tour in the morning, which I'm sure will involve lots of historic buildings and, my favorite, statues! Here's James Joyce:

And here's another beautiful image of Dublin at dusk:

Once again, we'll have the evening to ourselves...and I'm positive it will involve imbibing at least a few delicious drinks. Perhaps Temple Bar? :)


Unfortunately, day 12 marks the end of our time in Ireland. We'll be crossing the Irish Sea back into Wales, and then driving along the coast until we reach Chester. (Interesting side note: did you know that "Chester" comes from Latin castra meaning camp or fort? The Latin was borrowed into Old English as ceastre, which came to mean city. Who says my Linguistics degree will never be of use?) Here's a beautiful cathedral:


We'll be spending the night in Manchester, which is in Northwest England.


Next up, in Toto Sita, we'll move on to Scotland!!

No comments: