Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back to wedding stuff...INVITATIONS!

Okay, so it's been a while since I made an actual wedding post, and I have a lot of stuff to share!

Most importantly, at least for my stress level, is the fact that we have officially decided on and purchased our invitations! If you'll remember, we had decided to make our own invitations in order to save money, but to be honest I wasn't really looking forward to the hassle and I just wasn't 100% satisfied with the design I made myself.

Enter, once again, etsy.com! One day I randomly decided to search for wedding invitations and I found this seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5908359

All of her designs are quite amazing, but one in particular really struck me as matching our theme/decor. And the great thing about etsy is that it's all about custom orders, so I asked the seller to alter the design (colors and font) for me and she came through! Here are some pictures of the final design we purchased!


I did some number crunching and we actually ended up saving money! We ordered enough to get free shipping, and since we weren't required to purchase in increments of 25 or 50, we ordered just a few over our exact number of required invitations. Plus, the hassle level for getting our invitations has been drastically reduced...and that's worth more than a few dollars to me! :) Best of all, I am absolutely 250% in love with these invitations! The flowers actually match our final centerpieces, which I'll have to share with you in a later post!

No comments: