Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reception Centerpieces

I'm fast becoming an etsy bride. I don't mind one bit, but it seems that I've purchased a large portion of our wedding stuff from etsy.com! The latest find is creative reception centerpieces! We are, more than ever, on a tight budget and can't afford to have lavish centerpieces for the reception, as much as I'd like to. At the same time, I didn't want people to show up at our reception and immediately view our centerpieces as pathetic and inadequate. So how to keep our guests from noticing the small size? Display centerpieces made of something other than real flowers!

So I browsed around on etsy and found some really interesting ideas, including felt and button flowers, origami flowers, and button bouquets. In the end, I decided on pink and white bouquets made of chipboard and button "flowers", from this seller. I received them in the mail a couple weeks ago and they are so adorable!! We will be putting one bouquet of nine flowers into each slender vase, and then filling the vases with blue jello for some added color.


And for the bride and groom table, we're going to use one set in black and white:


They were not only affordable, but handmade and cutecutecute!! Best of all, I realized when I received them that the pink and white flowers match the flowers on the front of our recently-ordered invitations (see the post below to compare). I love it when a plan comes together. :)

No comments: