Monday, March 23, 2009

Girls (Really Do) Just Wanna Have Fun

So many people use the phrase "Girls just wanna have fun" that's it become almost cliche, which is dreadfully unfortunate! Because truly, all I want for my bachelorette party is to have a ridiculous amount of fun with my favorite girls. I don't want a male stripper, I don't want to drink myself sick, and I surely don't want to sit around and watch chick-flicks. I was talking with one of my bridesmaids yesterday and I realized that my idea of a fun bachelorette party would be to do something definitely out-of-the-ordinary (at least when it comes to such parties), and something totally fun. And I had a flash of brilliance!

Here's my idea of the perfect bachelorette party:

1. Start out the afternoon by going roller skating! I'll wear a cheesy bride-to-be veil and maybe even get some rollerblades to decorate in pink, white, and black. We'll all act crazy and probably bust our butts a few times! Can you imagine the wonderful pictures? :D

2. From there, we'll all dress up in pretty clothes and go out for a nice (but not too fancy) dinner...my favorite would be something Italian!

3. Finally, we'll conclude the night with some bar-hopping (and I'll wear the veil again)! I'll drink girly drinks and we'll dance and laugh until we can hardly breathe. My favorite place to do that is 8Es Bar here in Athens because there's good music and plenty of fun to be had!

I am so excited for this idea that I even went made another Bridal Canvas and made a bachelorette-themed canvas! Check it out:

(A better version of the canvas, plus photo credits and a great cover of Cyndi Lauper's famous song can be found if you follow the link above!)

No comments: