Thursday, June 18, 2009

A bit of coloring

I was browsing on etsy the other day and I found a really adorable idea: a couple's story timeline/map thingie. I couldn't afford to buy one from the etsy seller, but I decided to try making one myself!

After an hour of agonizing over my terrible drawing skills (I'm convinced my airplanes look like sharks on rollerskates), I finally had a draft complete. Next I redrew everything as carefully as possible, this time taking two hours. Then, with the help of a wonderful graphic designer who works with me at UGA Press, I had the original image scanned and printed 12 copies onto 12x18 sheets of white paper. Each of these will be used as "centerpiece placemats" at our reception...I will have one on the center of each table and our tall slender vases will be placed in the center (where I left just enough white space).

I'm really proud of how it turned out! :) It's a little blurry on here because the file is so large, but you can view the full size version by clicking!

4 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

That's really cute. I say your drawing and coloring skills are ace.

Samantha said...

Thank you!! I love coloring, but I've never been much of a drawer. :) Thankfully it's meant to look childish, haha!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Very cute.
Not to be picky, but I thought you might want to know before you put them out that Jordan went to China in May of 2006, not 2007. Unless he went another time in addition to with the redcoat band, in which case I withdraw my comments. But if you mean with the UGA band, we went in May of 2006. I remember him talking about wanting to propose sometime in the near future. :)

Anyway, I'd hate for your to look at them on your wedding day and realize the timeline was off.

But they are VERY cute. Such a great idea!

Samantha said...

Haha, thanks Anonymous! ;)

I couldn't remember for the life of me when he went, so I asked him if 2007 sounded right and he said yes. Ugh...what a flake. :P