Friday, May 16, 2008

Biggest obstacle so far


Believe it or not, minus lack of funds, the hardest thing that has come up in our wedding planning so far has been finding THE dress.


I know exactly what I want. I want a corset/lace-up bodice, preferably halter style, with (not too much) beading, an organza or tulle pick-up skirt, in white or off-white. Okay, easy enough, right?


Not so. I've tried on dress after dress, always finding something wrong with each one. I did manage to find what looks to be the perfect dress...except it's an older style and no one (I do mean no one) within 250 miles of here has it in stock for me to try on. And I've heard horror stories of brides buying dresses without first trying them on. I personally don't have $800 to blow on a possibility.
I've also heard stories of brides who tried on maybe three dresses, and then managed to find THE dress, bought it that day, and were ludicrously happy with their choice. Why can't that happen for me? Am I too picky? Is my sense of style so off-the-wall that no one makes that dress I've been imagining for more than a year?
I have tried on at least 15 dresses and I have two more appointments this weekend. Wish me luck! (Oh, and if you happen to find that dress I'm dreaming of, call me! :P)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh Man. I'm so happy I stumbled upon your blog. I am going to be a Senior at Mansfield University this coming fall, studying Social Work. I just got engaged a week ago and I am facing some of the same problems. Our wedding will be May 24,2009 and so I will be constantly looking at your blog to offer support and to get tips.

Samantha Munson said...

So, I am sorry to say I totally stole your idea. I had to start my own blog to vent about all the wedding planning so far! Just to let you know! I have never blogged before, so it should be interesting at the least, and hopefully a great stress reliever.