Saturday, May 17, 2008

I had that "ohmygosh" moment






In reference to my previous post, Someone is looking out for me, and to them I am immensely, immeasurably, and undeniably grateful!


Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found my wedding dress. OHMYGOSH I AM SO EXCITED!


I went into David's Bridal this morning to try on a few gowns I had seen online, and some of which I had already tried on several months ago. But you have to understand, I was getting desperate. Apparently, one of the dresses I had written on my list does not look as striking online as it did on me. It was the second dress I tried on, and the moment I walked out of the dressing room and stepped onto the viewing platform, my heart honestly skipped a beat or two and I fell in love.

The dress itself is white satin; the bodice is covered in lace and pearls, with a lace-up corset back; and the skirt is organza with pick-ups. Although it doesn't come with a halter strap, I can have one added from the same ribbon used on the lace-up back. Also, it's cheaper than many other wedding dresses ($599) it's on sale right now for $50 off, so even my practical side is satisfied. Amelia is my "Wedding Consultant" and she was just wonderful the whole time...she wasn't pushy, and she was incredibly helpful and super sweet.

This was just a wonderful experience all around. I didn't buy it today because I still had other places to go to try on dresses, but I'm positive I have found my wedding dress. I've made an appointment to meet with Amelia again on Monday to purchase the dress, as well as some accessories. For anyone who wished me luck, thank you so so very much...you might have made the difference. ;)

I've included a couple of my favorite pictures for this post, but I will post more on our wedding website! (Please, ignore the awul faces I'm making in some of them...Jordan has quite a talent for photographing me at my worst. :P)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!!! congrats on finding THE dress! it fits your previous description perfectly; and how amazing that you found it so soon after you were lamenting over dress drama. I showed my mom your blog and she says "hello!" and that she is excited to follow up with your wedding planning.

Meg said...

I love the dress! I like it better with out the strap around your neck! Great choice!