Monday, May 19, 2008

Fleurs de mariage


The first picture is of pink and white peonies. The darker pink color is the one I want to use. The second picture is of the purses I bought for the bridesmaids to carry their bouquets. The third is of a bouquet style I like, except with all pink peonies and ranunculus...you can see some stephanotis if you look hard enough. :) The final picture is the design of the ribbon I want on my hand-tied bouquet, along with the pearl pins.


So, this is an entire post dedicated to my wedding flowers. Some brides consider their flowers to be one of the most important aspects of their wedding day. Me? Not so much. I mean, I do love flowers...I think they are gorgeous. But at the same time, flowers die, and it always depresses me when they do. Also, my fiance has terrible allergies, and the last thing I want on our wedding day is for him to be sneezing all through the ceremony.

So here is my solution to both problems. We will be having the bouquets made out of artificial flowers. I'm not talking about the cheesy paper/plastic ones you can find at a dollar store, though. These flowers will still be beautiful (and, unfortunately, pretty expensive). They are called "new generation/real touch" flowers...and they look very real!

I have decided to go through this company: http://www.angelsaccents.com/ I browsed through all of their albums and the bouquets are quite stunning. Also, I can personalize how I want my bouquet to look and the company will handmake it especially for me. Since it will be expensive, I'm only getting my bride's bouquet from here.

The bridesmaids will be getting "purse bouquets". This is a neat idea I found on the same website. Their flowers will be bunched in white satin and pearl purses. :)

My flowers of choice are bright pink peonies and ranunculus, with white stephanotis accents. The bride's bouquet will have pink ribbon and white pearl accents. The bridesmaids will carry all pink peonies, and the Matron of Honor will have one white peony in the center of her bouquet.


PS. I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS TODAY!!!! :D

1 comment:

Meg said...

I really like your flower choice. Very pretty!!