Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Dream Shoes: Check!

You might recall that I agonized over purchasing shoes for a very long time. I knew exactly what shoes I wanted, but unfortunately those shoes didn't seem to exist. In this post, I explained that I had found a great pair of shoes that I would dye turquoise. I did eventually decide not to dye the shoes because I have heard horror stories of the dye rubbing off on a bride's dress, staining her feet, etc.

At one point, I was also considering getting pink shoes, as I was enthralled with the cover of Brides magazine which featured this lovely pair:

Well, the return/exchange time limit was up on my original pair of shoes, so I decided to just keep them and wear pink flip flops for the reception. Problem solved.

... Except, that's not quite how it worked out. I wore my original shoes for my bridal portrait session and my feet swelled while wearing them, leaving terrible blisters all over my feet. Not to mention, they were uncomfortable and that's all I could think about the whole time I was walking. I definitely did not want to spend my wedding day worrying about how much my feet hurt.

Despite the fact that I had spent $45 on my original pair of shoes, I started looking for another pair (the first time this bargain shopping bride has changed her mind about an already-completed purchase). I decided that this time, I would go with my original idea and try to find a pair of flip flop style kitten heels. Imagine my surprise when I found an adorable pair of hot pink shoes that fit ALL of my criteria...and imagine my joy when I realized they were only $27!

Courtesy of 6pm.com, I now have my dream shoes to wear for the wedding!


And they lived happily ever after...mostly because comfort and beauty can coexist peacefully in one shoe.

No comments: