Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to plan a long-distance wedding without going crazy

First of all, we can now officially say, "We're getting married next month!!" How exciting! And yet, a little nerve-wracking too since I feel like there's still so much that hasn't been settled.

Today I checked two big items off my wedding to-do list, and in the process learned a couple of important lessons about how to plan a long-distance wedding without going crazy.

First lesson: technology helps. A lot. I used iTunes to organize all of my wedding music into various playlists. Each playlist is obviously named (like "Wedding Cake Cutting" and "Father/Daughter Dance"), and a friend will just set my iPod to play the appropriate playlist at the right time.

Second lesson: visualization also helps. I am fortunate enough to have a bridesmaid with family who lives in Savannah, and they have offered to decorate the reception room for us, since we won't have time to do it ourselves. Using bridalcanvas.com, I created images of what I want the tables to look like, so that they will know exactly where everything should be placed. For example, here's the cake table:

Yay for two important, but not-so-thrilling, details being completed! And I haven't gone crazy yet! :)

No comments: