Friday, August 7, 2009

Ceremony details!

Now that we are about a month and a half away from the wedding (AHH!), it's time to start making decisions about some small details.

The Mansion's Marble Garden Courtyard is really spectacularly gorgeous, and I don't want to fill it with a bunch of decorations that will take away from its beauty, so we've decided not to use big flower arrangements or anything like that. Instead, we will have just a few white chairs, with garlands made of pearls and pink daisies draped across the backs of the chairs. We will only be renting enough chairs for immediate family, elderly guests, and any pregnant guests, along with their spouses. Here is a picture of the chairs we will rent, followed by a picture of the daisy garland I made for just $6 with supplies from a Michael's craft store!


The picture of the courtyard shows a wedding set up to face the pool area. I am actually requesting that our ceremony be set up 90 degrees to the right, facing a gorgeous moss-covered wall. Hopefully that will work out! This picture kind of shows the wall, although there is more moss and greenery on it now than when the picture was taken:

I need to consult with our photographers, though, and see if that will create any problems for lighting, etc.

Finally, because we are having limited seating, I created some seating cards using a daisy template I found. I think they are adorable! I'll be handwriting everyone's name, but for the purposes of the preview, I used the font from our invitations:

They will be folded and placed on the appropriate seats as little card tents. :)

Only a few more DIY projects left to complete, and then we are ready! We have to make our centerpieces (because we are using jello, we have to wait until the day before), and we have to make our favors (again, we have to wait until close to the wedding because they are animal crackers and I don't want them to get stale). In less than two weeks, I am having a program-putting-together and bubble-unwrapping party with two of my favorite girls, so that will be another task completed! Yay for progress!

No comments: