Sunday, January 25, 2009

Honeymoon! (Toto Mbili)

Day four of our honeymoon begins bright and early with a trip to Hampton Court Palace. I visited almost two years ago and it was quite breathtaking!

After a leisurely tour of the Palace, we will drive to see Salisbury, which is home to an awesome cathedral:

Apparently Salisbury also has some adorable sheep...I definitely can't miss out on those! (Check out the little guy in the bottom right corner...how cute is he?!)

Next up, one of the parts of the trip that I am most looking forward to...Stonehenge! I've heard that it's not as impressive in person, but I'll wait to judge that for myself.

After that, we'll head to Dorset, which is on the coast of the English Channel. I love how little coastal towns look:

But what I'm most excited about are the amazing cliff formations in Dorset...check these out!

Next up: Dartmoor National Park, which is "the largest and wildest area of open country in Southern England". Awesome! And look what I found...PONIES! If you should remember anything about me, it's my ridiculous affinity for cute animals. :)

Finally, day four concludes with a visit to Widecombe-in-the-Moor, which also has an amazing church: St. Pancras.

Be sure to come back for Honeymoon! (Toto Tatu)...we'll be heading to Wales!

2 comments:

Sapphyre said...

you'll love it! I can't wait till we stop in England during our honeymoon. And speaking of dartmoor- I used to ride a couple of dartmoor ponies. Spritely little things!

Ellen Mint said...

I am incredibly jealous. Looks like a great and gorgeous time.