Friday, January 30, 2009

Honeymoon! (Toto Tatu)

Day 5 of our honeymoon tour will begin with an early morning drive to Plymouth, the site of the beginning of the voyage of the Pilgrims! Here's a monument, yay!


After that, we head to Glastonbury, which is home to a beautiful abbey. One of my favorite things to do whenever I travel is to find amazing churches, abbeys, monasteries, etc.


Next is BATH! I am so excited about this part of the trip!! Look at how gorgeous this is:


But the history! I didn't take Latin for two years for nothing! I love seeing and learning about ancient places. I cannot wait to visit the Roman baths and soak up all that history...haha, so sorry for the awful pun. ;)


Day 5 will end with us arriving in Cardiff, Wales! I have to admit that I originally wanted a tour of just Ireland and Scotland, but I'm excited about seeing some of the wonderful scenery in Wales! Check out these pictures from Cardiff (PS ILOVECASTLES!!):



Day 6 will be spent mostly in Cardiff, including a tour of the castle, as well as St. Fagan's National History Museum (I'm a total nerd and I love museums too!):


But perhaps the most exciting part of day 6 for me is going to be visiting Brecon Beacons National Park...because they have Welsh mountain ponies!!!!

Holy crap, can this trip get any better? Amazing churches, beautiful castles, and adorable ponies!!!! Next up for Toto Nne: more of Wales, and then into Ireland!

No comments: