Saturday, January 3, 2009

Purchases!

So I've bought a lot of stuff in the past few days (AKA my student loans went through, haha).

So I wanted to share my finds and rejoice in the fact that all of my bridal jewelry together cost just over $150!

I finally found an affordable and not cheesy-looking bridal headband from this Etsy seller...and it was only $25!!

I also bought the necklace and earrings I posted a few days ago and they should be arriving within a few days!









I also found a really convenient and affordable way to get the invitations I've been wanting!! Originally, we were going to purchase the paper, vellum, and envelopes in bulk and have them cut to size, then go through the printing and assembling process. Well, I just randomly stumbled across a DIY invitation kit from Target.com that has everything we need (50 each of white cardstock, vellum, response cards, ribbon, two envelopes, and seals) for $50! All we have to do is take all the stuff to a local print shop and we'll be set!! Here's the product picture:

I might exchange the white ribbon for teal/turquoise ribbon just to add some color, but I am SO excited! I whittled down the guestlist and we should be sending out around 83 invitations to 129 total guests. Thank goodness I've finally got the ball rolling on this business.

Just to remind you, here's the image we'll be printing on the cardstock:


I also made a reservation for my hair/makeup appointment with an awesome salon in Savannah. The lady I spoke with, Jenny, has been wonderful about answering all of my questions, and she didn't complain a bit when I told her we'd need to get started at 7 AM on a Sunday!

Here is an idea of the hairstyle I want:


And I want mostly pink and very simple makeup (I'm an incredibly pale girl, with red hair and blue eyes), like this:

This post has already turned into a monster, so I'll end it there. :) But I've got a cute idea in the works for my bridesmaids!

No comments: